Singer Essex Solo Entertainment
If you’re looking for some stylish entertainment with some fun and flair thrown in, then look no further! Jo is a singer in Essex who has appeared in major West End Musicals and large scale productions such as LES MISERABLES, ANNIE, HOT STUFF, A SLICE OF SATURDAY NIGHT, OLIVER, ROCKY HORROR SHOW and GREASE. She now performs her own solo act, which has been seen all over the country and in every type of venue from restaurants, hotels and theatres to bandstands, castles and living rooms!
Specialising in Musical Theatre, she can bring something very different to an event. Classics from Les Mis, Cabaret, Oliver or Chicago, jazz standards by the amazing George Gershwin and Rodgers and Hart – Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Peggy Lee, Motown hits, cheesy favourites from the 80s! Adele and Lady Gaga … her professional training and 20 years experience on stage not only means she is one of the most versatile singers you will hear, but gives her that edge that only a West End Actress could have.
Jo is the lead vocalist for READY STEADY GO the ultimate 6 piece 60s party band
which guarantees to have you dancing in the aisles all night long!
She is also very proud to be a founder member of the highly established Musical Theatre duo DROP DEAD DIVAS who have performed nationwide alongside their Tony Award winning Musical Director Sarah Travis.
“Jo is the fantastically talented singer who entertained us at my sister’s 60th birthday party. As well as having a voice that would grace any stage Jo also has the personality and ability to really get the party going – her enthusiasm is truly infectious and irresistible. If there was any justice Jo would be a superstar, and I cannot recommend her highly enough.”
“Jo sang at our wedding, and truly gave us those extra special and unique memories that we wanted to be part of our day. As well as all the classics that you would want at your wedding, she talked to us first about the kind of music we loved, and the atmosphere we wanted, and added in a few of our favourite songs, which gave the day that extra special twist. She oozed glamour and sparkle and seems to make everyone in the room feel like she is singing just to them…I would definitely book her again!”
Carolyn Kane (Client)
“Jo’s voice is very powerful and sends shivers down your spine! Her performance is very classy and professional. Joanna is very good too at engaging with her audience and sings a lovely medley of songs. Dont hesitate to book her you will not be disappointed!”
Janet Rolfe (client)
“We booked Joanna for a garden party in July. She was extremely professional, friendly and full of personality. She did a fantastic set and our guests all said she made the party the best one they’d been to. Joanna not only sang beautifully but got everyone joining in from ages 5 to 85. We would thoroughly recommend her and we will book her again.”
SEE JO IN ACTION
How I Operate
- Saudi billionaires Walid and Christina Juffali
- Pizza on the Park -Knightsbridge
- Girton Golf Club -Cambridge
- Jardine’s Bistro – Wivenhoe
- The Duck – Newney Green
- Lincoln Castle
- Mallory Court Hotel – Leamington Spa
- Greenwich Theatre – London
- New London Theatre (Cats Convention) – London
- Millfield Theatre – London
- Crondon Park golf club – Chelmsford
- Regents Park Barracks – London
- And many more….
Example Jazz and Showtune Repertoire
- All that Jazz, Cabaret, Judy Garland Medley, Oliver Medley, Mamma Mia Medley, Get Happy, I dreamed a dream, Memory, Don’t Rain on my parade, Gershwin medley, Cheek to Cheek, The Man I love, Lullaby of Broadway, Defying Gravity, Can’t help loving dat man, Let’s face the music and dance • Putting on the Ritz, Bewitched, Songs from Grease, If they could see me now, That’s Amore, Ain’t Misbehavin’, Minnie The Moocher, New York New York, Crazy, Feeling Good, At Last, Taking a Chance on love, Every time we say goodbye, You make me feel so young, Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, Get Happy, Fly me to the moon, Sway, That ole devil called love, Cheek to cheek, Songs from Les Miserables, Somebody to love, Hey Big Spender, Diamonds are forever
Example disco Repertoire
- Be my little baby, Dancing in the street, Downtown, I’m in the mood for dancing, I only wanna be with you, Valerie, Son of a Preacher man, Don’t stop believing, Dancing Queen, Respect, Think, Walking on Sunshine, Rolling in the deep, Shout, The Twist, The Locomotion, Raining Men, Amarillo, I will Survive, Build me up Buttercup, I want you back, I feel like a woman, Crazy little thing called love, Price Tag, It’s in his kiss, Blue Suede Shoes, River Deep mountain high, Why do fools fall in love, The time warp, Mercy, I Saw her standing there, Don’t Stop Me now, You’re the one that I want